- Written Examination of one hour duration will be conducted and will comprise of 40 objective (multiple) type questions
- The syllabus for the said examination will be based on subjects at Diploma/B.Sc. level as the case may be.
- Those candidates qualifying in the written examination shall be short-listed for interview.
Category-II: The selection process will consist of tests in 3 stages – Stage 1, Stage 2 & Stage 3
Stage1 – Preliminary Test:
Examination will consist of 50 multi choice questions(choice of 4 answers) of one hour duration in the following proportion:
- a. Mathematics – 20 questions
- b. Science – 20 questions
- c. General awareness – 10 questions
- All candidates with <40% in General category and <30% in reserved category will be screened out.
Stage 2- Advanced Test: All candidates Screened in Stage 1 will be allowed to undertake Stage 2 (Advance Test) in their respective trade.
- The Test will comprise 50 multi choice questions (choice of 4 answers) of two hour duration.
- ‘3’ marks for each correct answer and ‘1’ mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
- Merit List of candidates will be prepared after Stage-2 based upon the scores obtained in Stage-2 only.
- All candidates with <30% in General category and <20% in reserved category will be screened out.
Stage 3- Skills Test : Based upon the Merit List prepared after Stage-2, candidates will be shortlisted for Stage 3 (Skill Test).
- The number of candidates shortlisted for Skill Test will depend upon the number of candidates qualifying for Stage 2 but will not exceed 4 – 5 times the number of vacancies in each trade
- The Skill Test will be based on Go/No-Go basis.